martes, 16 de diciembre de 2014

See you soon, Chicago.

This is probably one of the most difficult posts I'll ever write. A really important phase of my life is coming to an end, and with it, I'm leaving behind a lot of people that mean a lot. This is the curse of the world traveller: you build really strong relationships in a short period of time, but you have to be always ready to say goodbye. And it's freaking sad.

I usually write my posts in Spanish. However, I feel this one needs to be in English. Not only because the main part of the people that this is directed to don't speak Spanish (although the more they drink the more they try), but also because English has been my adoptive language for one whole year, making the most of my conversations, my thoughts, and sometimes even my dreams, so I kind of  owe it to America :p

I've grown up a lot this year. I feel more independent, self-confident and open-minded. I've learned that friends are not always how or who you expect them to be, but that doesn't make them less awesome. I've learned that even the people you don't like can teach you really valuable lessons. I've learned to be thankful for the life that I get to live.

The Chicago adventure is coming to an end, but that means a new adventure is around the corner. So to this feelings of sadness we need to add some excitement for what's in there next for me. I read somewhere not long ago that life is a book, and those who don't travel read only one chapter... Well, this has been a crazy, fun, hell of a chapter, that is probably ending too soon. But what happens with good readings is that once you fall in love with them, they become a part of you. The experiences, the moments, the lessons, they go with you to the next chapter. And in some point, sooner or later, you always have to get a re-read.

My luggage is not big enough for all the experiences I'm putting into. Along with a bunch of Hollister clothes that I've bought this year, I'm bringing the carbs-free diet, the chof as a synonimous of coffee, the "singing in the shower" and the "shake it off" (love u Taylor), the golf parties, the workouts, the hangover brunches, the Joy's pad thai, the mimosas and mango-ritas, the moments with an over-organized Spanish roommate, and with an over-messy American roommate, the buddy passes, the trips, the Snapchats, the hard-passes, the Native Foods, the pre-games, the FOMO, the poker nights... the list is never-ending because the good moments are countless.

So I'm just going to put away all the bad feelings and keep in mind that, if I'm this sad right now, it's only because I've been so happy all these past months. It's only because I've been in a bunch of incredible places. It's only because I've met so many wonderful people, that I get to call now family.  I know that the next time I see you, it will be like I've never left. I'm stuck with you now.

Thank you for this amazing, very ok year. It wouldn't have been the same without you. And the world is not big enough to break what Chicago has joined. So, on second thought... this is not a goodbye post. This is just a see you soon.


See you soon, Chicago.


























No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario